So another mass shooting, as it stands at the moment although the FBI have the shooters body, they as yet do not have the motive.
Washington (CNN) — The FBI has identified the dead suspect in Monday’s shooting rampage at the Washington Navy Yard as Aaron Alexis, a 34-year-old military contractor from Texas.
But authorities are still searching for more information about him, and they’re asking members of the public for help.
“No piece of information is too small,” , “We are looking to learn everything we can about his recent movements, his contacts and associates.”said Valerie Parlave
assistant director in charge of the Washington FBI Field Office.
In addition to the gunman, authorities said at least 12 people were killed and about 12 others were injured in the shooting, which put government buildings on lockdown and sent police SWAT teams rushing to the scene.
Recently, this is by no means an isolated case, and is becoming more common. yet since 1900 cases are in decline. There have been at least 67 mass shootings in the US in the last 30 years, but mass homicides, although we think of them as a modern day phenomena, actually go back many years.
- Firearms and other ranged weapons, especially rifles and handguns, but also bows and crossbows, grenade launchers, flamethrowers, or slingshots. Melee weapons, like knives, swords, spears, machetes, axes, clubs, rods, stones, or bare hands. Other weapons, such as bombs, hand grenades, Molotov cocktails, poison and poisonous gas, as well as vehicle and arson attack.
- A full list country by country
- The fact is, where ever you are, a person with a grievance can and will find a way to kill, and that is the issue that needs to have a little more attention paid to it, before the event and not after it.
- Today this event occurred it the United States, and by morning the anti gun lobby will be out in force to ban weapons, but the sheer incidence rate of a huge amount of other weapons, show that firearms have little to do with the discontent that the aggressors have, simply because, as the chart above shows, they will find alternative means.
- It may be easier to understand if the case were spontaneous, but in most case there has been a lot of thought to carry out attacks from the shooter/s.
- From Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols, or the Boston marathon took a significant amount of preparation, or even prepping a bulldozer…..
Marvin John Heemeyer (October 28, 1951 – June 4, 2004) was a welder and an automobile muffler repair shop owner most known for his rampage with a modified bulldozer. Outraged over the outcome of a zoning dispute, he armored a Komatsu D355A bulldozer with layers of steel and concrete and used it on June 4, 2004, to demolish the town hall, the former mayor’s house, and other buildings in Granby, Colorado.
- The rampage ended when the bulldozer got stuck in the basement of a building he had previously destroyed. Heemeyer then killed himself with a handgun.Heemeyer had been feuding with Granby officials, particularly over fines for violating city ordinances and a zoning dispute regarding a concrete factory constructed opposite to his muffler shop that he believed had caused his business to fail unfairly.
- That in part maybe a reason some of the rampages actually occur. An inability for some autonomous element of the system to understand an individual need, and the sheer arrogance of some departments.You cannot condone a mass murderer at any time, but what we can do is be more vigilant to notice the signs and help before they become the next mass murderer!